We are looking for an Assistant Program Director to assist the Program Director. You will ensure that quality early intervention services are being delivered to children with special needs and those who are developing typically, in accordance with best practices and all applicable regulations, accreditation requirements, and Northland Early Education Center policies. Reports to Program Director.
- Ensure quality programming by assisting teachers and promoting continuous quality improvement
- Supervises and support all Lead Teachers and the Lead Therapist in collaboration with the Program Director
- Ensure teachers understand and follow agency policies and procedures
- Function as Center Director in the absence of the Program Director
- Aid the Program Director in coordinating the process of obtaining/maintaining NAEYC accreditation
- Perform new hire orientation
- Represent the agency in the community, and actively work to strengthen the image of Northland Early Education Center
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related emphasis. (One year of experience in Early Childhood Special Education preferred)
- Also acceptable: 120 college credit hours, 24 child related credit hours, 9 credit hours in administration, leadership, and management and working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related emphasis and one year of experience in Early Childhood Special Education.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before community and professional groups or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Required Licenses and Certifications
- Missouri First Steps certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field, according to the Dept. of Health
- Medication Administration certificate
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Teaching Certificate preferred
Supervises all Lead Teachers.